FitCheck Solo has been verified through independent studies to provide test results that are representative of ANSI S12.6-2008, which is the ‘gold standard’ for hearing protector attenuation measurements.
- Can be used to test ANY type or brand of insert hearing protector. No special “test” earplugs to purchase. Test any earplug right off the shelf!
- Test from 3 to 7 frequencies and generate the FitCheck Solo Personal Attenuation Rating or PAR. The PAR is an A-weighted attenuation calculation that can be compared to the manufacturer’s NRR.
- Uses FitCheck headphones with 3.5 mm plug to fit directly into PC sound cards. No external hardware or cables required.
- FitCheck Solo is based on National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) WellFit program. FitCheck Solo was customized by Michael & Associates for industrial application.
- Uses any PC with a 24-bit sound card. An external 24-bit sound card is also an option.
- Windows 7 compatible.
- Convenient file storage options and reporting capabilities.